Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review Time : The Grand Budapest Hotel


Review : The Grand Budapest Hotel

I just love watching movies. It's one of my favourite hobby. So movie reviews is something you will find quite often here.

So we went (with Mister Y) to see the latest Wes Anderson movie "The Grand Budapest Hotel". In one word it was "amazing" but there is way more to say about it.

I just love Wes Anderson his movies are unique and always unusual. No one can give that guy a movie genre. Personnaly I will just describe it as "a tale within a tale within a tale". So a quite big organised mess.

This movie is just a blast. It's really hard to find a short summary. So I will just put the Imdb one.

"The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend."


I just love the choice of actors. It was suprising in a way because the choice of Adrien Brody or Willem Dafoe for example is unsual (even though those actors are very good) but still the usual actors have small parts. Our lead character is Ralph Fiennes as "Monsieur Gustave" and that is such a pleasure. He is a gifted actor, I didn't know until now that he was so funny. It's a shame that most of the people know him only for his role of Voldermort in Harry Potter.

Now the story is a bit of everything. It's a tale, a thriller but also an epic movie. I love the fact Mr Anderson has his own world. The characters act like they are coming from a cartoon sometimes so it is quite well done. Also a big applause to the director of photography. The colors and the way it is filmed is just mesmerising.

To  be honest with you guys I think that this movie is my favorite Wes Anderson movie. Until now my all time favorite was the "Life Aquatic" but I think now all my heart goes for this one. I will rate it 10/10 for sure if I had to. Really it's a master piece and it deserve some awards.

Cheerios!
Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment